Dual Enrollment

Wor-Wic Community College

Wor-Wic Community College

Melinda Phillips

Dual enrollment is offered to seniors at Wor-Wic to get some of thier college credits out of the way. Some of the classes that they have are Statistics, English, Business, Psychology, etc. It is a great option for anyone who has the time and the money.

Many seniors this year have chosen that route and only spend a small part of the day at Parkside High School, some only have one period a day at here. This is the case for one senior named Karli Gosnell, who only comes to PHS for her second period AP Calculus class and takes Statistics, English, and Psychology at Wor-Wic. Gosnell states why she favors Dual Enrollment, “Minimizing stress by only having one class at Parkside.” The smaller amount of workload at High School gives her more time to focus on the college.

When asked if she recommended this path to others she said, “Yes, because you get college classes out of the way while still in high school.” Though this isn’t the best option for everybody as many factors weigh into the decision. You must have the means to pay over three hundred dollars per class, which is a price that many students cannot afford as they will rely on scholarships for college. Also you must have a way to get to and from Wor-Wic every day you have class; Many seniors still do not have their licenses.

As a junior this year, if you have any questions you need to talk to guidance about next year scheduling later in the year. As seniors you might be able to join some spring classes.