Towson Honors Choir

Carleigh Foster

October 27th a handful of Parkside’s choir students were selected to take part in a learning experience for singers taking place at Towson University. At the Towson University Honors Choir program the students got to work with college professors and people who chose singing as a career throughout the day and came back to Parkside with a whole new look on singing. Parkside choir teacher Mrs. Daniels was in charge of nominating the students she deemed fit to take part in this day long program and after nominating students the university made the final selections on who would come.

Students that were picked to go were, Laila Libertin, Amari Jackson, Alexa Nastasi, Cera Rains, Ginon Moorer, and Daekota Fletcher. I talked to senior Daekota Fletcher who actually missed the bus and wasn’t able to go to the trip. “I was upset that I was unable to attend the trip mostly because it seemed like such a great experience for me as a singer. Even though I didn’t make the trip, I heard fro my friends that did go that it was a great time so I’m happy that they got to experience this.”

During this trip students got to learn new choir pieces, perform those pieces in front of a crowd, and tour the school. Junior Alexa Nastasi was very excited to talk to me about her trip. “I had so much fun! Singing is something I’ve loved to do ever since I was a little girl and I would love to pursue it as a career later in life so this trip was very benefitial to me.” Alexa has been apart of Parkside’s choir for almost three years and when asked about how she likes it she had much to share. “We’re like one big family and Mrs. Daniels is our mom. Everyone is so encouraging to each other, I honestly don’t know what I would do without them.”

One of their biggest supporters Mrs. Daniels was not able to go on the trip but her students know she’s proud to see where their future takes them.