Parkside bible club

Abu Ahmed

Parkside High Schools newest club the bible club (revolt club) began their afterschool sessions mid-October of this year. The bible club is a place for Christian students to get together after school and participate in many bible related activities. The club ends sessions by getting together and reading scripture as a club.

The bible club (revolt club) was founded by Julia Mohr a Christian student who actively worked toward making the club with help from both her peers and her faculty advisor Mrs. Bryan. The club meets Thursday every week in Mrs. Bryans classroom from 2:50 to 3:45. The club, still relatively new has only had 1 meeting this year where club members played games to get to know each other. The next bible club meeting is going to be held next week on Thursday November 9.

The bible club’s main activities consist of lesson plans made by members of the club. Club members make lesson plans about scripture and recite it to the other club members. The club’s sessions also consist of activities like fun “get to know you” games and activities. When asked why she started the club founder Julia Mohr responded with “I wanted a place for Christian students as passionate as I am about the word of god to have a place to come together and learn about each other and form a community of Christians in Parkside.”

The main mission of bible club is too get as many students possible to be a part of the Christian community at Parkside and to have members be knowledgeable of scripture. The bible club has an Instagram page for anyone that wants to know more about the club and club activities. @parksidebibleclub is the page on Instagram the page lets members know when club is cancelled and shares inspirational quotes.