Dance Team

Dance team has started anew here at Parkside High School with the help of captains Kyra Truitt, and Ryneerah Hudson. Through their years at Parkside High they have been a part of dance team both their freshman and sophomore years, and have enjoyed the dancing and the environment of the team very much.

Last year Parkside High did not have a dance team because no advisor was available, this upset many of the girls participating previously. Ryneerah, and Kyra took initiative this year and asked Mrs. Kyle for help with starting dance team back up at Parkside. Tryouts were the 14th, 15th, and 16th of November; around 30 girls showed up to tryouts and around 25 are going to be a part of the team. The team will be made up of some of Parkside High’s greatest dancers and model students.

Ryneerah and Kyra’s main goal is to create the same family atmosphere they felt their freshman and sophomore years in the dance team. They want all their members to feel loved by one another and create a feeling of sisterhood for all the team members to share. They also want to make grades a priority and make sure each member of the team has their grades where they need to be.   Dance team will be preforming during halftime of every varsity basketball game for about 8 minutes. The team hopes to motivate and amuse both the crowd and the players with their hip hop dance routines.  The dance team practices for about an hour and a half two hours day every day of the week; During these practices the team works on new routines and works to perfect old ones to make for the best experience possibly of the audience. The team hopes to see all Parkside students and staff at the varsity games to support both the basketball and dance team.