A Cleaner and Kinder Parkside

Parkside High School has started a new “Clean and Kind Hallway Campaign” for term two. The campaign was started by Mrs Pinhey and Mr Brigs and helps support better attitudes not only in the hallways but in the whole school. The campaign was started in response to some negative actions and feelings in the parkside community and is a solution to fixing those problems. It was also created to respond to the abundance of latenesses and tardinesses as well.

To keep students here at parkside kind and on time there are incentives available. Students who do not receive a referral throughout term two will receive a free home game ticket of their choice to any game in December. There will also be other incentives on a very frequent basis for students who do not receive any other referrals, tardies, or for students who do not cut class.  Evan Parrot said in an interview, “These incentives really make me want to clean up my act and not cut class or be tardy, I believe it’s a great idea to start this campaign.” So far students have been cleaning up there act this term and working hard to be clean and kind.

For those who do receive tardiness referrals, parkside is giving students is moving to a 10 day exclusion from extracurricular events on the 7th referral for tardiness from any class or from school. Then after that the next referral will be 45 for tardiness days out of extra curricular events. Mrs pinhey said in an interview, “We are focused on creating kinder hallways with regular class attendance to improve student achievement here at Parkside.” By doing all of this parkside has become much cleaner and safer.