Jackie Wright

Ava Walter

Image result for jackie wright parkside basketball

The Parkside girls basketball team has had a great 2017-2018 season with a record of 8-3-0 but one freshman Jackie Wright has really contributed and dominated the court this year with over 20 points in almost each game. Wrights family has a long history with Parkside athletics with both her sisters playing for the rams women’s basketball team. One of Wrights sisters Ebony Ballard helped win the program’s only state championship while her other sister Sharay DuBose made her mark at Parkside by scoring more than 1,000 points in her high school career and was also a top contender for the girls bayside south player of the year award. This giving write something to work for, to continue the family legacy of doing big things at Parkside for women’s basketball. “I grew up watching my sisters on the court waiting for the day until I could be out there, and now I finally am and it’s amazing” said Wright.

Wright has been playing since she was a little girl, playing at the salvation army and leading on many more teams. She was constantly attending Parkside games, watching her sisters dominate on the court and knowing her time would eventually come to defend the family reputation and that’s exactly what she’s doing. Wright scored a team high of  twenty points for Parkside against rivals Bennett clippers Tuesday January the 23rd, this giving me a feeling she’s going to score 1,000 points in her high school career just like her sister Sharay.

Wright is following in her sisters footsteps again by being a top contender for the girls bayside south player of the year but as a freshman. Being considered for this award is a huge achievement especially as a freshman, Wright is continuing the family legacy and following in her sisters footsteps. Good luck to the Lady Rams basketball team and Jackie in her next three years here at Parkside.